- Remembering Ellen Meloy, by Elizabeth Grossman in High Desert Journal, April 2005.
- IN MEMORIAM - ELLEN MELOY - 1946-2004, by Phil Condon, Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies Program, University of Montana.
- Mourning the Loss of a Nature Writer, by Dennis Lythgoe
- Tribute by Four Corners Free Press, by Suzanne Strazza, December 2004
- Places to look for Ellen, a poem by Ann Weiler Walka
- For Ellen, a poem by Terry Tempest Williams
- For Ellen, My Sandstone Sister, a poem by Katie Lee
- Urban Listeners: An Interview with Verlyn Klinkenborg "There are a lot of people working, particularly in the West, who are doing some wonderful writing about rural living," he says. "I think particularly of a woman named Ellen Meloy who is a wonderful writer about the subtleties of living in red rock Utah. It's a very hard thing to represent." Excerpt from "Rural Stories,